Dumb question about headless & Nebraska

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 2 18:50:57 UTC 2001

We've tried this with our servers, and we find VNC support on Macs
(servers and clients) to be pretty buggy.  The same client worked
fine on one PowerMac, but not on the next.  Some of our mac servers
worked as VNC servers, some only showed part of a screen.  We gave up.

Mark

>I have run Squeak over VNC.  As far as I can tell, as long as
>Morphic doesn't change any bits on-screen, it doesn't generate
>any traffic and it doesn't matter how much updating it does
>internally.
>
>You may find the encoder at http://www.tightvnc.org/
>helpful: it compresses better and uses less CPU to do so.
>It falls back on regular VNC if needed.
>
>Cheers,
>Thomas.
>
>On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 10:23:56AM -0500, Les Tyrrell wrote:

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu