[BUG] Smalltalk vmVersion isNil and prevents me to mail out thisbugreport automatically... ;-)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Apr 6 10:12:50 UTC 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Bob Arning wrote:

> That's one of those things that's a little different from VM to VM.
> The Mac seems to return nil here and whoever did the bug report code
> was probably running a Linux or Windows VM which returns something
> non-nil.

This was changed some time ago. The primitive was returning an empty
string for non-existing attributes, which was indistinguishable from an
empty string attribute. So it was changed to return nil for the first
case. Current Linux VMs do return nil - don't know about Win32. Can
someone on Windows try this?

	Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 12345

-- Bert