Alignment in the post AlignmentMorph era

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Apr 24 01:46:22 UTC 2001

Thanks very much, Bob, and Dan for your assistance!

At 12:06 -0400 2001.04.23, Bob Arning wrote:

>See TableLayouts on BSS.

Aye, a comprehensive account.  Thank you Andreas.  I had in fact
started to read this some time ago, but had forgotten about it.
When searching for documents, I don't always think of looking for
bookmorphs.

As for your suggestions to fix my code, they are all spot on.  The
repetitive button-adding code was what I found in the original
version, and I didn't like it either.

I attach a revised changeset.  Just for fun, I made the Launcher come
to the front when the mouse is over it.  Very easy to do in Morphic

At 13:43 -0400 2001.04.23, Bob Arning wrote:

>The methods #beVertical and #beHorizontal are not strictly needed.
>You can change these plus many other things from the menu on the red
>handle (or the control-click menu) without needing to write a doIt.

Well, I had just been typing "self beVertical" into an inspector.
Even after your email, it still took me about an hour to finally find
the appropriate menu items hidden four levels of menu deep in the
ctrl menu.  Excuse me ...does anyone else feel that these Morphic
menus are getting a little complex ;-)

I really do plan to put this all on the Swiki as soon as I get out
from under the ECOOP stuff ...

	Andrew