[BUG?] Viewer Opens INSIDE Morph?

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Apr 18 19:44:48 UTC 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:53:34 -0700 (PDT) Dan Shafer <dshafer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I suddenly have a composite Morph (my Counter tutorial) which opens its Viewer
>within its borders rather than outside the borders on the desktop. It used to
>open correctly. I've apparently done something stupid to change that but I
>can't for the life of me figure out either what I might have done or how to
>undo it.

Dan,

It is possible for a PasteUpMorph other than the World to be the place that viewers appear. This is handy at times when you want to localize things to something less than the entire world. I'm guessing that you got into this state by choosing 'make detachable' from the playfield options menu for your counter (which, IIRC, is a PasteUpMorph). This option is to 'Allow this area to be separately governed by its own controls.'. You can undo this by

- deleting the viewer(s) that are inside the PasteUpMorph
- inspecting the PasteUpMorph and setting its <presenter> inst var to nil.

Cheers,
Bob