UNIX downloads? (with Windows answers)

Steve Gilbert steven.l.gilbert at lmco.com
Wed Apr 11 23:38:25 UTC 2001

> Ned Konz wrote:
>
> On Wednesday 11 April 2001 15:04, Steve Gilbert wrote:
> > Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> said and
> Alpha
> mapping may
>
> You can see if your color mapping is correct by looking at a
> ColorPicker:
> just make a Morph, pop up its halos, and select the "eyedropper" halo
> (just
> above the lower right).
>
> The color pickers should look like the attached GIF (well, they should
> look
> better than that given >8bit depth, since the GIF is only 256 color,
> but at
> least you can tell which colors go where).
>
> --
> Ned Konz
> currently: Stanwood, WA
> email:     ned at bike-nomad.com
> homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com
>

>                       Name: colorPicker.gif
>    colorPicker.gif    Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
>                   Encoding: base64

Well the version on the eXceed window of my Windows box looks like the
attachment below.

What's funny was that I tried to export the colorPicker images one for
my eXceed terminal and one for my console X-term into GIF files using
Squeak, and just before I sent them I checked just to see if they were
faithful renditions.

Well they weren't!  They showed up correctly presumably because Squeak
knows how the color translation to GIF works and it is independent of
the rendering on my screens.

Anyway, here is an accurate rendition using HyperSnap from my PC.  I'll
have to see if I can find a screen grabber on the Alpha box to get the
rendering on the X console.

Also, I included the Squeak mouse with the clipped ears, and no I did
not do this on purpose, it's just rendering that way.

There definitely aren't any reds here. But it also seems that blue is on
the wrong side?

-- Steve