[Updates] 40 for 3.1alpha

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Wed Apr 4 19:17:29 UTC 2001

At 11:59 AM -0700 4/4/01, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>I was asked for my initials during this update.  That doesn't normally
>happen... does that mean one of the change sets isn't tagged right?

No, it's actually just a once-off side effect of the
change-set-category work; one of the new change-set categories is
"MyInitials" -- when you choose this category in a change sorter, the
change sorter will only show change sets whose names end with your
own initials.  Thus, if the author's initials are set to "rls" and
you look at the MyInitials category, you will only see change sets
whose names end in "-rls".

The initialization code in one of the updates triggers an initial
formulation of the built-in change-set categories, and in formulating
the MyInitials category it has a need to know the current author's
initials.

Actually this could easily have been avoided if I'd been aware of it
in time.  In any case, it will happen only this once.

   -- Scott