My NotSoMinimal VM (was Re: Why FFI is working ?)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Sat Apr 14 03:57:18 UTC 2001

PhiHo,

> > > For Windows, hi Andreas , it seems a major overhaul is
> > > required for the platform dependent plugins.
> >
> > Hm.... what makes you think so?
>
>     Hmm.., what made me said that. "Originally, there were
> only external plugins", so all it takes is just a bit of
> 'ask, don't touch' ;-) to make the plugins sliding into/out
> of the executable easily.

I wouldn't call this a 'major overhaul' ;-)

>     Maybe, my mind was wanderring into the Preference menu, a new
> SystemPlugin and/or PlatformPlugin.

For what benefit?!

[Re: Preferences in Image]
>     Do you mean "...things canNOT or should not ..." ?

I wasn't quite correct. It would be possible to have the menu be inside
Squeak but some of the controlled settings must be out of reach for pure
programmatic modification (such as the security stuff).

Cheers,
  - Andreas