Dumb question about headless & Nebraska

Jan Bottorff janb at pmatrix.com
Tue Apr 3 04:01:07 UTC 2001

>Also, I would not recommend the VNC server on Windows...it doesn't catch all
>of the updates and it's very difficult to operate Squeak.  The X based VNC
>server on the other hand seems to work very well with Squeak (at least it
>does on Linux).

Has anybody considered compiling/linking the Windows VM with the X client
libraries? The end result is an app running under Windows that wants to
talk to an X server, either locally or remotely.

There clearly is Squeak source code to talk to X client libraries, although
the make file and #ifdef's may make assumptions about X and Win32 being
mutually exclusive.

- Jan