Dumb question about headless & Nebraska

Tom tmb at lumo.com
Mon Apr 2 20:24:46 UTC 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:32:27PM -0500, Les Tyrrell wrote:
> The Java and Windows clients that I've used worked well with the
> Linux server.  From what I've read, using Unix with X as a server is
> perhaps the most optimal choice, other than a special purpose
> server which one might build in and for Squeak.

Let me emphasize again that Xvnc does not depend on running UNIX as
your OS or X11 as your window system.  You can think of Xvnc simply as
something that takes X11 connections on one end and converts them to VNC
connections on the other.  You can use it to bring an X11 server to any
platform without needing any hardware drivers.  I believe people have
ported Xvnc to both Windows and MacOS X.

Cheers,
Thomas.