new mac vm 3.0.10

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Apr 7 20:59:01 UTC 2001

>- the correct version of the 3.0.10 MacVM is in place, thanks
>John.

Ah, now I didn't see an announcement of the features, but my email
has had some ISP issues the last week and I might have missed it. But
just in case I'll post part of the change log.

I better mention I'm working on 3.0.11 right now to fix some problems
with full screen cmd-tab support and Carbon, but it might not ship to
everyone for a few days. Of course I'd like to hear about any 3.0.10
issues so I can fix them.

For the curious 3.0.9 never really shipped into the update stream
because of some issues that got fixed in 3.0.10, so you shouldn't
find a 3.0.9 anywhere.

----------------------------------

The macintosh 3.0Alpha10MT VM, March 24th 2001 (Waimea build)
This VM was built with the base  3.x image at change set #3848.

Please note the exception unwinding logic change actually introduces
quite a noticeable gain in sends per second and is quite worth the
download.

1) changed VM exception unwind logic
3796-Exception-unwind-V3,tim at sumeru.stanford.edu, Paul McDonough,
Stephen Pair and others

2) Fixes for the JPEGReader plugin and for Jitter 3

3) Added minimal Mac VM logic to assist in building a small VM.

4) Changed how the browser plugin starts up. Now it starts the
interpreter running only after getting the browser setwindow command.
This seems to fix a race condition that resulted in a crash at
startup time with Netscape 4.x

5) Fixed broken full screen redraw on cmd-tab

6) Fixed what looked like mouse-down, mouse-down, mouse-up sequence.
Now reports mouse-down, mouse up.

7) Added StarSqueak plugin as internal plugin

8) Note the current Squeak Plugin should be gotten from the
www.squeakland.org site.