consolidated downloads?

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 19:57:57 UTC 2001

Hi,
	It's part of the way there, the directory is new3.0 or so.
I wasn't quite done yet so I hadn't sent a note around.  I made
a few changes from the proposal in that I am renaming
files so that they have a consistant nameing scheme, though
that's not all done yet, and there are a few other small changes.
View this is a work in progress which will replace the current
3.0 and 3.1_alpha dirs.

	All that said, I can *not* supply all of the VMs.  I/We really
need people to build and make available to me the VMs for
different platforms, the unix ones in particular.  I've built
a linux VM using st.cs.uiuc.edu, a linux system, but I can't
test it.  I really don't have other unix systems to build VMs on.
If someone wants to buy me a SGI, Compaq Alpha, SPARC, et al
system I'm happy to take them and build VMs :-)

	If people want to give a look at the current changes, feel
free, though remember that it's not quite done.  I still plan to put
more separate files for the Windows systems in place, populate
the otherSystems directory, and sprinkle READMEs throughout
so that people can ignore them :-)

cheers

bruce