[BUG] 'That name already in use' when filing in

Ted K. Ted.Kaehler at disney.com
Tue Apr 24 22:38:10 UTC 2001

Folks,
	Once again:
	If you have already updated 3880 or beyond, please execute this doIt:

| existing |
existing _ ChangeSorter allChangeSetNames.
existing _ existing collect: [:cngSet | cngSet copyReplaceAll: '/' with: '_'].
existing _ existing collect: [:each | each initialIntegerOrNil].
(existing select: [:each | each notNil]) asSet do: [:each |
	SystemVersion current registerUpdate: each]

	Then, you may ask for updates as usual.

	If you are not up to 3880 yet, you will encounter my fix when you
update.  After update 3880, you will be asked to dismiss a Halt window.
When you have done that, you may ask for updates again.  All should be well
after that.

--Ted.

>>At 12:48 -0400 4/19/01, Daniel V. Oppenheim wrote:
>>>I built a 3.1alpha image today. Got to change # 3892. Then, when I
>>>did a 'load code updates' I got 18 times the notifier: 'this name
>>>is already used'. Looks like the new change sets were using
>>>duplicate names of the old sets I just filed in. After this
>>>happened I am at #3910, and currently there are no new changes.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3261 Montecito Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89120.  voice (702) 456-7930
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/
Never eat greasy fingerfood while backing up your hard drive onto Jaz
cartridges...