Smalltalk & Squeak featured on Slashdot

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Thu Apr 19 01:45:22 UTC 2001

on 4/18/01 6:10 PM, Paul Fernhout at pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
thoughtfully wrote:

> (replying to other comments in this thread) Personally, I still like
> reading Slashdot. It may have a problem with signal-to-noise sometimes,
> but you can always browse at +2 or higher to eliminate much of the
> clutter. Considering how Slashdot readers might come look at this list,
> we might want to be a bit more broadminded.

One of the great pleasures in Squeak-dom is the civility of discourse which
seems a fundamental here.

I think Paul's response to the concerns expressed on Slash-dot is a perfect
example of this sense of collegiality which leads to exploration and
creativity: that is he took what could be a divisive and insulting set of
remarks and allowed (well, me) to see something deeper in them.

Thank you to all who participate here -- keeping the ideas where our heads
ought to be.

Adam Bridge