Mouse cursor disappearing?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Aug 1 05:00:57 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 11:02 AM, Vince Mazo wrote:

> Hello,
> I' ve already posted a message about this problem, but I got no answers.
> Maybe I'll get luckier this time...

Hello Vince.  I think you may have not gotten any responses to your
message about this problem for a couple of reasons:

1. It would be better if you would provide a more complete changeset
showing your problem, and also strip out unrelated code.  For example,
your included method didn't say which class it was in, and left out some
probably important related methods for it to even run (such as a
wantsDroppedMorph:event: method).  (I did eventually replicate your
problem, though.)

and more importantly,

2. This problem looks kind of tricky. :-)  At least, I didn't figure it
out after playing with it for 15 minutes.  (Maybe if I had unlimited
free time... :-) )  The problem can't be narrowed down by stepping
through the debugger, since that messes with the
cursor/focus/something.  Perhaps it's a bit dangerous to bring up a
confirm dialog in a low-level morphic method such as this, but then
again, maybe it shouldn't be.

> When I drop one of my Morphs on another one,I open a FillInTheBlank but
> unfortunately my mouse cursor disappears.How can I correct that and
> make it
> remain visible?
> Thanks in advance...
> Vince

In any case, here's a quickie changeset which replicates your problem,
if anyone else wants to try to figure it out.  (After filing it in, try
to drop an EllipseMorph onto a MyMorph.)

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com

'From Squeak3.0 of 4 February 2001 [latest update: #3545] on 1 August
2001 at 12:53:32 am'!
Morph subclass: #MyMorph
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'MyProject'!

!MyMorph methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'dew 8/1/2001 00:44'!
acceptDroppingMorph: aMorph event: evt
	(self confirm: 'Do stuff?') ifTrue: ["do stuff"]
! !

!MyMorph methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'dew 8/1/2001 00:44'!
wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: evt
	^ true! !