[OT] How We Discuss Things

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Aug 2 01:28:30 UTC 2001

At 2:01 +0200 2001.08.01, Edmund Ronald wrote:

>I have a phpBB discussion board just set up ... for the purpose of
>discussing discussion boards. Why not take this discussion there ?
>Then we can see immediately whether we prefer that model !
>I have created a forum called "site model comparison" at
>http://www.oktok.com/forums/

I just took a look, several days later, and there are no postings there.
So this does not seem to be the forum of choice, does it.  I wonder why not?

Part of the reason is responsiveness.  These "media rich"
environments don't help me to understand or write text better.  But
they do take tens of seconds to get into -- whereas my Eudora mail is
right there on the desktop.

And now I encounter another problem -- I'm asked for a password.
Which of by 27367 web passwords would you like?  I gave up and
decided to use this mailer instead ;-)  And I find that I made
several spelling mistakes, that Eudora highlights for me, but the web
interface did not.

     Andrew