Help with changesets

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Aug 7 01:25:36 UTC 2001

I constructed a file in (details below) which mostly files in.  But at the
end there is a reorganize, and I get a syntax error when it starts parsing
the second line of the reorganize:
	('debugging' halt initialize reset)
	Nothing more expected ->('event handling' wantsKeyboardFocusFor:)

Here's the relevant excerpt
!ActivityCellMorph reorganize!
('debugging' halt initialize reset)
('event handling' wantsKeyboardFocusFor:)

I suspect the problem is that I've switched formats somewhere, but I'm not
quite sure how to fix it up.  Or it might be just a sequencing issue, since
neither the protocols nor some of the named methods are present in the
class.  Here's the history:

I start with a changeset created by fileout.
In a file list, I open the file using browse code.
In the code browser, I removed some classes and selected fileout on the top.
It asked if I wanted to move doits to the start or end--which didn't seem
quite right (I said use the end).  It also asked for the file name; I said
Activity.cs.
Then I tried filing it in and got the error.  I also tried renaming to
Activity.st, but same result.

Emacs tells me the original and output change set are both in Unix format,
and I see lots of ^M.  All these activities were one under MS Windows.

Is the browse code/fileout sequence legit?  Are there other easy ways to
purge some classes from a change set?

Thanks.