Help! Unemployed

Daniel daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 8 14:14:42 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 August 2001 02:37 pm, you wrote:
> > I have recently been laid off after 2 years of work. While my work
> > dealt mostly with Java, J2EE and C, I would love a chance to make a
> > living at SmallTalk programming.
>
> Step 1: Learn to spell Smalltalk correctly.
>
> Step 2: Make something interesting and useful using Smalltalk. Make it
> available and document it on the Web. Put it into your resume. Carry the code
> and the resultant program around with you for interviews (CD's are cheap).
>
> Step 3: Apply for Smalltalk jobs.

	This is rather ironic, suffice to say I was building a new PC with some
horsepower for use in a personal novel sound/music synthesis project.
I've done patent searches on the scheme I was developing, and no one
else has done it.

	Oh well, I think I can finish building the box, and finally start
cutting code.

	Daniel