Is this list a chat or a list REALLY ?
ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 9 08:00:08 UTC 2001
Sorry to be boring but could everybody think that we are damaging this list
as a means to attract people to Squeak just because lot of emails are
Am I the only one ***really*** bored?
I think that lot of important topics like the following ones could be
- why the open-source model of squeak does not work?
For example I do not really know the other open source movements but
it seems that we could have
- call for improvement where people could argue why a
crucial change have to be done.
- much better enhancement integration instead of waiting that SqC
agrees or does the job (I think that this should not be their role).
I have the feeling that Squeak is not open. This is not intended
against SqC but against the process itself.
I'm thinking that we are too self-oriented and not looking for
successes of the other communities.
- having a infrastructure that support changes identification in a
much better way that changeset so that we can built a squeak from a
list of modules.
- For example VMMkaer is a good way to support the distribution and
building of VM
So I expect at least one of you to say just do it!
I do what I can ;)
But are you really sure that I'm wrong.
More information about the Squeak-dev