Computers in school

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Thu Aug 9 17:04:47 UTC 2001

> From: Jon Hylands [mailto:jon at huv.com]
>
> The funny thing was, the course that was mostly responsible for that
> was not a CS course -- it was first year calculus...

I can relate - I was nearly "weeded out" in the same manner at a different
school.  It's the only time I can remember when I was *really* glad the
instructor graded on a curve instead of by percentages.  Of course, he would
have flunked 85% of the class if he *hadn't* used a curve.  (This was also
perhaps the *worst* instructor I had in my years of college - good thing I
squeaked past him in the first quarter of my freshman year :-).

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken