Mailing list administration question

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Aug 10 10:04:44 UTC 2001

Stephen Pair wrote:

> Is there anyway that this mailing list software can be made such that
> replying to an email on the list will include the original author's
> email address in addition to the list's email address?

It's either or, and from previous discussion of the reply-to problem where
people concluded that they'd rather get the odd
wrongly-sent-to-the-whole-list mail than miss posts that unintentionally end
up only in the original poster's in box.

If the majority has shifted, I'm sure the list admins would be happy to
change that.

> When I want to reply to someone off list, it's a pain to have to copy
> the original author's email address out of the original email...
>
> - Stephen

You seem to use MS Outlook. Have you tried "Reply to Sender" (it is in
Outlook Express at least)? I find it very convenient.

Henrik

PS. I took the liberty to drop our dear friend Sven the Bot. Note that
someone took the actual trouble of subscribing it to this list. That can't
have happened automatically.