Help! Unemployed

Galchin Vasili vngalchin at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 19:24:26 UTC 2001

So the gist of all of this is that a competent
software
engineer cannot make the paradigm shift from C++ to
Smalltalk and vice versa?? (It is only small one. BTW,
I am not an advocate of C++. It is a bastardized
language, but unfortunately in industry management
forces this arcane piece of sh*t on us. I was
working at a startup. There was CTO and me. CTO was
writing device drivers and X window GUI. Well into
the project, I suggested in the future we throw
away his GUI and rewrite in Squeak. He said that
we have to go where the "masses" are ... Java).

Rrgards, Vasili