[OT]Re: Sphere

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Mon Aug 13 20:37:14 UTC 2001

> I've been playing with MacOS and Unices for decades now
> [and] i can tell you that [MacOS X] presents overall a
> desktop and environment better than I have ever experienced
> on a Unix box.  For me, at least, the combo is
> extraordinary -- and has now become my desktop of choice.

Absolutely.  Too bad Apple still haven't gotten their licensing heads out of
their licensing ...

What they *ought* to be doing is competing against MS-Windows in the OS
market, and promoting MacOS X like crazy to Compaq, Dell, IBM, etc., as a
commercial quality, CONSUMER-ORIENTED, *nix based GUI platform with real
application developers backing it.  It is the only realistic challenger on
the horizon to MS-Windows in the consumer space.

Of course, if they do, Microsoft may pull the plug on Mac Office ...

	--- Noel