Edited Volume in stores July 13

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Aug 14 00:52:46 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 06:43:07PM -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> --On Monday, August 13, 2001 11:02 AM -0400 Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I was at Chapters (canada) on the weekend and just out of curiosity I
> > punched in your name to their catalogue system...it claims your book
> > is available and ready for order (4-6 weeks), although they had none
> > in stock.
> >
> > I think I'll pick myself up a copy. :)
> [snip]
>
> Speaking as lector rather than author and as one of the lucky few with a
> copy or two, I really recommend it. I've read all the chapters before (in
> various drafts) but there's something really nice about a printed volume. I
> had a good ole time last night with Andrew's Pluggable Primatives chapter,
> and, of course, *any* exposure to MathMorphs is a plus. The MathMorph
> chapter is, even given that, quite exceptional.

There's something about a printed book that is much nicer than reading it
on a monitor. :)  I don't mind "software" books for quick reference lookups,
but when it comes to sitting down with a nice tea to read, nothing beats
real paper.

I'm especially interested in the Pluggable Primitives chapter...I've been
meaning to learn more about that.

> Excellent read even if I can't *stand* to look at the networking chapter :)
>
> (Which I think is quite good, but I just hate reading stuff that I've
> written :))
>
> I hope distribution kicks in soon.

Well, I'll order mine from Chapters...hopefully that will inspire them to
stock it.  It would be a nice change from all those garish "For Dummies"
books lining the bookshelves these days.

Maybe I'll try to persuade our local computer book store to stock it...they've
already got quite a selection of non-Dummies books (at one time in the past
they even had the Purple Book).