Forms-Fillout example or framework sought (Sr. moment?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Aug 14 03:13:23 UTC 2001

On Monday, August 13, 2001, at 08:30 PM, Rik Fischer Smoody wrote:

> I'm looking for an example of a Forms-fillout app in Squeak.
> There can be several different editable fields in the window at once.
> Ideally, some of the other morphs might be made to respond to the
> current state of
> some editable morphs.
> E.g. once the user asserts an age >= 21, the beer menu appears.
>
> I cannot remember where I've seen this:
> maybe I only dreamed of seeing it in Squeak? 8-(

There are examples of this if you check out the GUI Building Tools page
on the Swiki: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/guiBuildingTools .  The
demo included with the BobsUI mini-toolkit includes an example of
widgets changing/appearing based on the contents of other widgets.

It's also possible to do this yourself with raw Morphic, but a bit more
work.

> I was amused when my first attempt resulted in a
> PluggableTextMorph where the letters entered on the left.
> )-8 !siht ekil tuo emac ti oS
>
> Rik Fischer SmOOdy     riks at smoo.com
> 	smOOdynamics    -     Systems Made Outa Objects

Sorry to be pedantic, but I believe the correct spelling of this word is
"Outta". (according to my Oxford English Dictionary ;-) )