Stability of Squeak

Edmund Ronald eronald at cmapx.polytechnique.fr
Tue Aug 14 03:21:19 UTC 2001

3.0 Image, 3.0Alpha8MT is probably the VM ? on Mac TiBook, MacOSX 1.0.4.
the OS was probably at 1.0.1 when the freezes occured.

And, thank you for making my point nicely: It works for YOU. It works for
anyone who has got into using it. This is what I mean when I say (see
my post) "extremely stable in an established use pattern".

However, it will crash on newbies. One of the first things I did when I
joined this list was enquire how to make the tutorial code work on the
then current release. The incompatibilities in posted tutorials will also
only be spotted by newbies. So, please get my point: Until Squeak is rich
enough to afford a quality assurance team, newbies are your best testers !
Use them !

Edmund