Stability of Squeak

robin robin at sublime.org
Tue Aug 14 15:45:05 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Kay" <Alan.Kay at squeakland.org>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: Stability of Squeak

> Robin --
>
> FWIW, I think your questions were quite to the point. I think Andrew
> is mainly frustrated because he likes to find and fix bugs and I
> sense he was willing to try to find them if you had given him more
> info.

Thank you for pointing this out - I often feel the same way when I think
people are making vague criticisms of systems I've developed without giving
me enough to identify the problems.  Andew: sorry if I misread you.  I just
wanted to see what the lie of the land was before I started submitting real
bug reports.  If I have any in future rest assured they'll be comprehensive.

[snip]
> have had a very good experience over the years in generating
> interesting but quickly fixable bugs via this process. This bodes
> well for more stable releases to come.

Cool.

> Cheers,
>
> Alan