SUnits documentation Re: Is this list a chat or a list REALLY ?

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:35:25 UTC 2001

Hi!

--- "Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> methods -- read the code in TestCase for examples.  Read the beck paper
> and learn how to build scaffolds and the like to use these tools in a
> subtler, more sophisticated fashion, but for now, set up some test
> cases.  Beck has a useful article at:

Scaffold? Could you explain what that is/means? Yes Dan, I tried Squeak WordNet but came up empty
:-).

BTW - I have sortof realized that you can gradually build TestCases using inheritance. For
example, first I build a testcase with an empty model being instantiated in the setUp method. This
typically exercises "building" the model from scratch etc.

Then I inherit and let the new setUp be typically:

super setUp.
model add: 'hubba'; add: 'bubba'.

...and then I test a filled model with those testmethods.

Is this a pattern other people use too?

Whatever, ramblings... :-)

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek