[Modules] Re: Toward a Package Architecture for Squeak

Richard Staehli rstaehli at agency.com
Thu Aug 16 22:25:46 UTC 2001

I'd like to add to the desiderata:

 - Persistent immutable module versions.  If a program declares the version
   of each module that it depends on, it should be possible to load the
   correct dependencies and have the program work.  It should NOT be possible
   to change objects in these modules without first explicitly creating a
   mutable copy.

 - Co-existence of module versions within an image.  If programs A and
   B depend on different versions of an object C, it should be possible to
   load and invoke both versions without conflict.