[Modules] Name space semantics was: Re: Some of my thoughts

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 17 15:27:50 UTC 2001

I've been thinking about doing this in Oasis since we talked at the last
OOPSLA... basically, each OasisModule would have its own Symbol space, just as
they now have their own shared global and undeclared spaces.  The symbols used
by the compiler to generate the methods within a given module would come from
that module's symbol space- thus you could go ahead and send #add: to an
OrderedCollection that had migrated across the module boundary during some
message send, and it would behave according to the semantics defined within that
  module... I think ;^)

- les