[ENH] Window Frame Refactor

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Sat Aug 18 06:04:01 UTC 2001

Here is my first attempt at refactoring SystemWindow.

This changeset refactors the instance variables:

stripes
label
closeBox
collapseBox
menuBox
labelWidgetAllowance
labelArea
expandBox

into a seperate class, derived from AbstractWindowFrame.

SqueakWindowFrame is the concrete realization of superclass
AbstractWindowFrame. This allows for different window frame types.

This code does not include any different window resizing schemes or window
frame types, rather just (hopefully) the current class refactored.

I'm sending this out seperate from my Zurgle project as other people have
expressed an interest just in the refactoring work alone.

This is still a little experimental, be careful. I've used it for about a
week and it seems like a happy camper, but it hasn't been widely tested.

Created and used under Squeak 3.1a-4173

Jim