[Modules] Name space semantics was: Re: Some of my thoughts

David M. Siegel dsiegel at acm.org
Mon Aug 20 00:07:10 UTC 2001

At 08:27 AM 8/17/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>  thus you could go ahead and send #add: to an OrderedCollection that had
> migrated across the module boundary during some message send, and it
> would behave according to the semantics defined within that  module... I
> think ;^)

I don't think there's a single good answer here.

Creator-knows-best sounds more attractive to me.
At least it handles name collisions between classes better.
If Modules A and B each define a class MyClass and an
instance of A.MyClass reaches Module B, should it suddenly
acquire the behavior of B.MyClass? What if the instance variables
are different?

-dms