[GOODIE] SlideShow

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 02:07:03 UTC 2001

"Jochen F. Rick" wrote:

> For all those Squeakers with digital cameras...
>
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/53
>
> Peace and Luck!

Wow! I don't have a digital camera, but have a huge collection of jpegs
and similar stuff. This is a really nice peice of work, Jochen. I think
it's a better slide show than any of the ones currently available for
Linux, if only because it doesn't take an age to set up and doesn't jump
into the .xvpics directory (containing thumbnails of the originals)
which Gimp's guash and xv create.

I'm particularly impressed by the speed.

Thanks Jochen.

Two little issues (sort of) related to this (things I may get round to
having a serious look at after Christmas).

What would it take to write a guash in Squeak? (For those who don't know
it, guash is a Gimp plug in -- it comes with the Windows version, *nix
people have to build it -- which writes a thumbnail of every image in
the directory it's pointed at to a .xvpics directory within that
directory and displays them. By having two instances of guash open you
can graphically sort images from one directory to the other, and by
clicking on them you can display them full size. IIRC, PaintShopPro had
a similar tool (maybe it still does).

One thing I really miss in Squeak is the ability to show animated gifs.
Any ideas as to what's involved?

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: