Squeak how-tos

Gary McGovern garywork at lineone.net
Tue Aug 21 00:28:48 UTC 2001

Hello Alan,
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If funishing is a colloquialism then I
don't know what it means. If it is finishing, then I don't know enough to do
one. If it is furnishing then maybe I could describe it a bit better (and
perhaps your spelling could mean you'll be out of a job soon :-)).

Another similar thing to what I'm looking for could be BackOrifice, although
I've only read a bit how it works, in that it is supposed to record all key
events.

A short example:

SystemBrowser open.
SystemBrowser right click
PopUpMenu addItem
Dialog box addItem type: Gary'sWork
Dialog Box press save button.

or

Right click
PopUpMenu select open
PopUpMenu select workspace
Workspace type: article := BookMorph new.
Highlight type: article := BookMorph new.
Highlighted text right click
PopUpMenu select do it.
Workspace type: article openInWorld.
Highlight type: article openInWorld.
Right click on highlighted type
PopUpMenu select do it............

and so on.

All events recorded under the control of the programmer ready for styling
and publication.

It would be great to follow the work of experienced people such as yourself,
and I can imagine it growing into use for usability testing.

Hope I didn't offend with my conclusion about teaching methods.

Regards,
Gary