getting Scamper to eat php

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 07:10:34 UTC 2001

John -

I just tried Scamper to view my own site, which is PHP-based and it seems to
work just fine. I'm using Squeak 3.1 #4173 (yes, I know....).

If you like, you can try http://www.lovebreeze.com/site/loginmember.php3 to
verify.  Don't let the big scary jpeg image frighten you.

I think your problem may be in the configuration of your web server, or
perhaps your PHP implementation (check the variable "default_mimetype"),
which may not be properly setting the content-type to "text/html".  I
believe the reason it's working in other browsers is that many don't just
look at the content-type and look instead for the opening <HTML> tag - that
appears to let them handle "file:" more intelligently.   You might try to
telnet to port 80 on localhost and manually do the request and see what your
response header looks like.  I'd also verify that the HTML is well-formed.

-- Duane