[Modules] Images vs. module safety

Stephan Wessels swessels at one.net
Tue Aug 21 01:56:59 UTC 2001

On Monday, August 20, 2001, at 06:12 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> My recollection (Juanita is probably the authority in this area) is
> that the way we handled this in Team/V was by hijacking the existing
> base methods used for adding classes, methods, and such and making them
> delegate to a pluggable manager object.  If Team/V was installed, the
> manager converted the operations into the equivalent Team/V api
> requests.  Without Team/V or in a deployment the manager just turned
> around and did the usual old stuff.
>
> Allen

I used an approach like this in my SourceSetManager a few years ago.  By
putting the hooks for interception at the Behavior and Compiler methods
(I don't remeber exactly where but it's a very short list to figure out)
you get the "benefit" of capturing all code changes that arrive by
file-in too.

  - Steve
--
The box label said, "Requires Windows 95 or Better," so I bought a
Macintosh.