Squeak how-tos

Gary McGovern garywork at lineone.net
Wed Aug 22 11:43:21 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hinsley" <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: Squeak how-tos

> Gary McGovern wrote:
>
> >John Hinsley wrote:
>
> > > But maybe you should do one as a trial?
> >
> > Yes, I'll put it on my to do list and will maybe have it ready in a few
> > years time.
>

> I'd try something really simple, just as a "proof of concept". Things to
> remember are:
>
> -- you really need to explore the "recorded tutorial" as a device
> (almost) devoid of any real content

Hello John,
Maybe you could help. My initial thought was to use perhaps a singe Class
with Dictionary instance variable that references printString of Object,
Method, Argument.
What I can't find yet is the event object that I could make the Class a
dependent of.

Any ideas ?

> -- if (and it's a big if!) my tutorial is any good, it's due entirely to
> Squeakers who contributed not only the medium (Squeak) and the
> inspiration, but also _all_ the significant code and lots of little
> detail tweaks. In short, it's "release early, release often" writ huge.
> And I'll finish it as soon as M206 is over!

> Did I catch you asking about BSS? BSS is Bob's Super Swiki. It's a
> whopping great repository of Squeaky stuff. I don't have the URL (a
> Google search should find it) but you can get there by (assuming you
> have Squeak on the OS your modem runs on) hooking up to your ISP,
> opening up a file list, and clicking in the [] of the top left pane.
> Miraculously, Bob's Super Swiki will appear in the righthand pane. Click
> on something which interests you and open it as a project. It really is
> something special.

Thanks! I think I was there the other day.
Regards,
Gary