[GOODIE] Easy Firewall for 3.1a build #4261

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at sdrc.com
Wed Aug 22 14:51:44 UTC 2001

This is an enhancement for 3.1a update #4261.

This change set makes it easy to toggle between using a default proxy
server and not. I use this when moving images between my office
environment, which is behind a firewall, and my home, which is not.

The assumption made is that one proxy server is your default. You will
need to edit two class methods to specify the default. They are:
   HTTPSocket class>>defaultFirewallServerName
   HTTPSocket class>>defaultFirewallServerPort

The 'personal' menu will have a menu item added by this change set. It
will indicate the proxy server name:port and if you are using it. It
toggles when you select it.

Details for this change set, and some of my other recent 3.1a
enhancements/fixes/goodies can be found at
http://w3.one.net/~swessels/pages/steve/squeak/update-20010821/index.html.

  - Steve
<Attachment missing>