getting Scamper to eat php

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:38:00 UTC 2001

> > > I've looked through the conf files and the mimetypes and they seem to be
> > > in order. phptest.php gives: Content-Type
> > > text/html;charset=iso-8859-1
> >
> > I think this is the problem - MIMEDocument does not appear to understand the
> > ";charset=iso-8859-1" part.
> >
> > Check out method class MIMEDocument>>contentType:content: - this is the guy
> > that's supposed to parse the content-type header to set the MIME type of the
> > downloaded file.  It appears that your PHP file is getting the subType
> > "html;charset=iso-8859-1".  Scamper doesn't unnderstand that subType, but
> > does understand that the file is text, and so displays it as plain text.

A good fix would be to adjust HTTPSocket class>getDocument:etc: so that
it uses "sock contentType" instead of "sock getHeader: 'content-type'".
Anyone who does this, please change postDocument:etc: at the same time.
(or for brownie points, combine the GET and POST variants into a single
core method...)

Lex Spoon