Copying past messages [was Re: LindaTalk]

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 23 18:06:46 UTC 2001

--On Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:50 AM -0700 Dan Ingalls
<Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:

[snip]

> That said, I'd like to suggest that we refrain from copying large
> portions of the entire discussion history with each new message.  This
> leads to an N-squared explosion of mail traffic which, for folks using
> phone lines, could be a reason to have to drop off the list.
[snip]

And let's pity the poor Mail List Summarizer :)

May I suggest that someone(s) take these two discussions and write them up
(quoting liberally, of course) and submit it to Tansel for the next issue
of SqeakNews? Said persons would get a free subscription!

I might be able to put a *little* time toward this, but a synthasis of the
"discussion thus far" would be really valuable for those of us who, for
whatever reasons, are having a wee bit of trouble keeping up :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.