[modules] {Image Shrink and Initialization}

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 23 20:33:10 UTC 2001

I've been looking at that.  The analytical tools are somewhat independent-
Referencing is not very involved, but Expectations needs to walk parse trees (
other than that should be easily ported ).  Beyond that, the ony requirement of
the more advanced models is that the Expectations model exist.

The major thing is getting them into intelligeable shape... Referencing and
Expectations are pretty good, but static models ( I haven't had the use case
need for models that would be dynamic- but if Expectations were dynamic, then it
could do tree-shaking algorithms for image stripping, for instance ).  The Shard
model is littered with the debris of many failed attempts to get at Facets...
and the Facet model is brand new.  In between them lies the Aliasing model,
which *hopefully* is primarily an accellerator.  It seem to work well, but again
is a static model, as are the Shard and Facet models.