[Modules] From here to there -- PS

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 25 05:28:46 UTC 2001

DOH!

Oh well... tonight I've been looking at some of the oldest code I did, which
wrapped existing classes and categories to add additional properties to them.
With a bit of tweaking, I think I could do something similar to what I mentioned
in my prior messages where it would be easy to paint a modularization scheme
over the existing non-modular classes.  I'm also thinking that I could use the
XML-based object serializer from the Stable Squeak world to store configuration
information of a modularization scheme- you don't want to lose that work, and
you don't want to have an image get bound up with a scheme that might turn out
to be a dead-end.  So, I'm going to see if this lets me try various things out,
save them, discard them, go back and forth, etc.

- les