[ENH]WorldTimeMorph (should now find your time zone!)

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 12:31:30 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Do you ever wonder what time it is in Australia when you
> are in Sweden. Here is a primitive solution to that problem.
> File in this change set. It will download a image of the world,
> display it as a morph with vertical lines approximately at
> every time zone and display the hour at each zone.

Really cool, Karl!

But I wondered why you got the time and the map (incidentally, it's a
*much* better map than the one my system uses) over the net, rather than
use something like Time (which seems to use the system clock) -- which
is what stuff like kworldwatch and the Windows equivalent (can't
remember what it's called) use?

I'm interested because (thinking that one of the main reasons I'd have
for using such a tool is to find out what time it is in -- say -- Canada
before phoning someone up) I'd then want that socket/connection to use
the autodialler function (which will be in the revised Morphic Rolodex
-- honest!).

You see, I like it so much that I want to pinch it/incorporate it!

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: