[ANN] SWT 0.6 released

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Tue Aug 28 00:41:50 UTC 2001

Do we have a rar compressor in Squeak?  (just kidding....well, kinda)

It sounds very nice, Andres.  I'm downloading now...  I will need to load
Stephen's Delegation.4.cs and run on the 3.1 delegation VM to contiunue my
work.  I hope all the MethodContexts in existence don't mind a tap on the
shoulder.

Rob

From: "Andres Valloud" <sqrmax at prodigy.net>
> Hello.
>
> Please feel free to download Squeak World Tour release 0.6 from:
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1986
>
> It includes many improvements, including:
>
> * Improved exceptions.

Framework improvements or app support for generating them?  I take it we
don't need a vm generated.

> * Event systems other than when:send:to: are either
> replaced or reimplemented in terms of when:send:to:.

Excellent, I think.  We ought to look closely at this.

> * Morphic converted to when:send:to:.

Any issues with releasing #when:send:to: registrations?

> * New symbol table included.
> * 400k smaller image.
> * Many little fixes.
> * Etcetera!