[ANN] SWT 0.6 released

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Tue Aug 28 04:13:39 UTC 2001

I had the same problem, Les (notice the timestamp).  It looks like the
Module and SemanticModel code is missing from this image and repository.  At
one point Paul had said that that was eveolving separately.  Andres, what
are allowable things to load here?  What do you do when developing?

Let me list a first reaction past the gliches:

[Good]
The image is tight!  It has lost the VMContrsuction stuff as well as
Balloon3D and much other stuff.  It still has the base plus MVC and Morphic,
Networking and all Metalevels.

The new work also sounds interesting.

The repository model is simple and gets routed through a RepositoryManager.
This interface could be a CampSmalltalk Api, consolidating CVSManager,
SCANManager, and any others we may need.

[Bad]
Missing SemanticModel.  We like it, we love it, we want more of it! :)

[Ugly]
The UI is now outdated.  Do you have scripts that will allow us to take the
latest and greatest image and strip it down to it's fur?

- Rob