The VM is in the Swiki

Andres Valloud sqrmax at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 29 00:02:43 UTC 2001

Hi.

> Hopefully when he has time to play with SWT 0.6, he will post
> another fix for the new exception handling.

It would be good to have a compatibility module in the repository.

What I still do not understand is why it is necessary to change the
primitive numbers, or why it is necessary to check from Smalltalk what
kind of exception support is in the VM.  We're just making images and
VMs incompatible with each other.  I think it would be much easier to
make VMs polymorphic from a primitive behavior point of view, but I'll
welcome any illuminating comments any of you may have.

Andres.