[newbie] hierarchical list answer, sps browser, earth icon, color pretty print

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Aug 29 00:58:51 UTC 2001

hierarchical list answer
------------------------
I saw hierarchical lists become non-functional again, and this time I
think I know why. I had just opened the Whisker browser project on BSS
and it recompiled some of these classes. Whisker may need an update.

SPS browser
-----------
The SPS browser (see recent post or BSS) looks useful. It's a
variation on the standard browser with object hierarchy always visible
and some other enhancements.  Followed the instructions to make it the
default; no apparent effect ? Aha alt-b over the background brings up
the new browser, otherwise the old one is still used. Changing the
default browser globally isn't quite so easy yet.

earth icon
Check out the simple and beautiful Globe project on BSS.

I enjoyed doing this: right-clicked on the earth, made a copy (green
icon), made it smaller (yellow icon). Dragged it into the Squeak flap,
back to my home project, dragged it out again. (The earth spins
serenely on.)

color pretty print