AutoStart doesn't work with a shrunken image

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Aug 30 02:05:40 UTC 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:32:12 -0700, Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Ooh, well done. One of the major problems I've noticed is that leaving
> in the code that tries to do the whittling of classes/methods tends to
> remove True & False and I get blow ups in the attempts to deal with
> Booleans... rather frustrating but not important enough in practise for
> me to have hit on it yet.

Yeah, I had to patch it to force include:

	True
	False
	ReadOnlyVariableBinding
	SystemOrganization
	ClassOrganizer

> Oh and it's annoying to be told that you have to be in an MVC project
> AND in the top project... bit tricky in recent images!

There's a pretty simple 4-step Doit that takes care of that.

	Smalltalk zapAllOtherProjects.
	ProjectHistory currentHistory initialize.
	Smalltalk garbageCollect.
	Project rebuildAllProjects.

You have to be in an MVC project for this to work...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com