Essen ESUG experience report day 2

joseph pelrine jpelrine at balcab.ch
Thu Aug 30 08:02:49 UTC 2001

I'd like to sincerely thank John McIntosh for his write-up of my talk. I
hope it will serve to eliminate some of the FUD surrounding my/our work.
 I'll try to post some additions and comments to his article in the next
few days. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the hardest to understand;-)

I was also very happy after talking to Hans-Martin, where we realized
that all his wishes and plans (layering modules, rollback to previous
versions of methods etc.) could be very easily implemented within the
ModSqueak "framework".

The code for the June 29 ModSqueak code drop (the latest version that
Paul and I worked on) has been available on the Stable Squeak swiki at
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/stablesqueak. I will start
describing/documenting it there. If people are interested AND if I have
time, I could probably post the code for the remote installation demo
too. Let me know if you want it.

cheers
- Joseph
At 02:17 30.08.2001 , Les Tyrrell wrote:
> I loved the stuff about ModSqueak, but where can I get it?  Don't tell
me to
> download SWT 0.6- I've already checked, and it appears that ModSqueak
is not
in that.

- les

-- Joseph Pelrine