[off-topic] Argentina

Dan Rozenfarb drozenfa at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 30 16:47:46 UTC 2001

Hi all,
Excuse me for this off topic email, but I felt I
needed to write it.
I live in Argentina, a drying country.
We are going through one of the most deep crisis so
far (including salary education and science cuts).
As opposed to what many people believe, I don't feel
is everyone else's fault, but the lack of social
cohesion and self defense.
I've been following the squeak list for quite a while
(though not participated much), just read McIntosh's
CampSmalltalk report and I felt emotionally moved.
I love Smalltalk, his pure object approach and his
simplicity, but his community is what is really
priceless.  It keeps Smalltalk living, and me happy
for (at least at a microlevel) belonging to it.

Thanks to all of you.

I am feeling a bit more relieved right now.

Dan Rozenfarb