[BUG?] Image doesn't ask for initials?

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Aug 30 20:22:11 UTC 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:00:59 +0200 Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> wrote:
>It appears that Squeak-3.1a doesn't always ask for initials nowadays. I get
>a lot of code with "squeak" as the changer's initials when I work. I'm sorry
>I can't diagnose this any better now, but it may have to do with detecting
>that the image has moved. Has anything changed in the flie system code?

Henrik,

I just tried and it worked for me. One test would be to take an image from which you would expect to see a request for initials and compare (Smalltalk imageName) with the class variable LastImageName in SystemDictionary. The method that should be handling this is SystemDictionary>>openSourceFiles.

Cheers,
Bob